View Single Post
Old 16.06.2021, 09:55
Forum Legend

Groaned at 181 Times in 119 Posts
Thanked 8,481 Times in 2,848 Posts
Kittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Obtaining a pet dog in Switzerland

I am so sorry to hear you had to say goodbye to your friend. 13 years is a good innings for a Labrador, you must have taken great care of him, but of course it is always too soon for a pet shaped hole in our hearts.

Dogs are not my field of expertise but I also wanted to caution against bogus rescue operations. They have of course cottoned on to people feeling better about rescuing/adopting a dog than just buying one. They dress up as a shelter type organisation but mysteriously only have recognised breeds available for "adoption".

The other thing is those breeders who know that people cannot help but want to help a sick puppy, even if they caused it to be sick. Tiktok and Instagram is full of people who show off their "rescue dog", only to reveal that they "rescued them from a really dodgy breeder". Did they have the breeder shut down? Of course not. Was the puppy part of those seized during a raid where the breeder was shut down? Also nope. Hate to break it to them but that is not rescuing, it is supporting a dreadful business model because you were too cheap to get your toy Pomerhuahua from a reputable breeder.
Ok, I'll stop ranting...

In other news: can I just extend a huge thanks to the amazing meloncollie for her tireless and comprehensive support in all things canine. She is a precious resource and so generous with her time. To use the parlance of Gen Z, we must protecc her at all cost.
The following 4 users would like to thank Kittster for this useful post: