View Single Post
Old 17.06.2021, 16:47
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 1,025 Times in 460 Posts
Cherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond reputeCherub has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Return to Office - Corona Measures

OH was told 2 weeks ago they can start returning to the office from July 1st. He's in a very small team and plans to go back to 3 days office, 2 WFH which he was doing before covid. He met up with colleagues yesterday for lunch and some of them said they couldn't take another 3 - 6 months of WFH as they don't have the right setup (2 are working from basement rooms in their houses with no windows).

I guess we're lucky as our spare room is big and was set up like a studio room with a sofabed for visitors before the pandemic. The other 3 room apartments in our building are occupied by people with kids and they've had to put a desk in their kids room so one parent can work from there whilst the child is at Kindergarten whilst the other parent is working from the dining room table. I don't see how that's good in the long run tbh.

One couple in a 2 room apartment split up as they couldn't cope with both of them working from the dining room table. The guy is still there and told me he hasn't been to his office since all this started and it's starting to drive him round the bend.

We ran a business from home in Scotland for about 8 years, but again a spare room was allocated to office space. This time round I'm a (reluctant lol) Hausfrau and I've made it my job to see OH eats healthily and is supported at times when things have been a bit stressful.
The following 3 users would like to thank Cherub for this useful post: