View Single Post
Old 18.06.2021, 12:47
Forum Legend

Groaned at 98 Times in 63 Posts
Thanked 6,537 Times in 2,976 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
[Ladies] Contreceptive pill prescription....

When I first came to Switzerland and went to get a prescription for the pill, I was told that here you had a smear test every year (unlike the UK where it is every 3 years) and it was implied this was necessary to get the pill prescription.

So since 2012 I have done that every year and my insurance covered the bill. This year, my insurance (Sanagate who have been taken over by CSS) have refused to cover it, saying I'm only entitled to a smear test etc every 3 years.

Has this changed recently? I'm sure I would not have made this up as in the UK it was always 3 years and it's not something anyone enjoys going for

Now what? Can I just get a prescription in the other 2 years in-between with no check-up? Do I just pay out of my own pocket? I emailed my Dr to ask, but they haven't bothered to reply.