View Single Post
Old 18.06.2021, 16:53
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 1,774 Times in 895 Posts
eng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Obtaining a pet dog in Switzerland

I'm so sorry for your loss. It took us 10 months to be ready for a new dog after losing Heros

Our new dog came from a rescue in the Jura - www.grisette.ch. They are partnered with a rescue in Spain and bring in 4-5 dogs at a time to Switzerland when they have the money to fly them over. They mostly focus on galgos (Spanish greyhounds) but they don't leave dogs behind, so a small proportion of the dogs they have are of other breeds - Belgian and German shepherds, small Heinz dogs etc. Their website impressed me because they put up huge amounts of information about each dog, including being very open about any health issues so people can make an informed decision - compare and contrast the mostly 3-line ads from other rescue centres.

I can vouch that they are thorough home checks etc. We got all the paperwork including import papers, VAT payments and test results for Mediterranean diseases, so whilst we can only surmise what happened to Shadow before the Spanish rescue saved him (and we get indications every day grrr), we know almost everything about him since Jan 2020.

FWIW another EF user fostered for them last autumn and I believe was equally impressed.
This user would like to thank eng_ch for this useful post: