View Single Post
Old 21.06.2021, 04:55
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
airman has no particular reputation at present
Unemployment considerations for 6 months abroad

Hi all!
I searched for a bit but couldn't find direct answers, so I'm going to post the question here.

I've heard it's possible to leave Switzerland to tend to family matters in a non-EU country if necessary.

As I understand this, on a B permit, a person could leave for up to 6 months without any problems. The intention would be to then return to Switzerland afterwards.

If a person is receiving unemployment pay before leaving, is it possible to continue to receive these payments (assuming the person still looks for work and they've not run out of entitlement days) while tending to family matters in a non-EU country?

If not, would the unemployment payments just get paused and resumed when the person comes back?

Does anyone know how this all works and what options this person has to continue having income while tending to family?

Since this is a non-EU situation, as I understand it, transferring the unemployment benefits to an unemployment office in the non-EU country would not be possible.

The intention is to somehow deal with these family issues without having tons of problems resuming life and work in Switzerland afterwards.

Thanks!