View Single Post
Old 21.06.2021, 13:04
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
IFL has no particular reputation at present
Re: Driving License Questions

I did my Kontrollfahrt in Zürich, an exam for BE category in Pfäffikon (just because I had an instructor there). And to be honest it wasn't any easier - it was snowing that morning. So far I don't have any plans to drive with a trailer in the city - should be fine from a perspective that "you should be able to drive there as you'll do it in a normal life.

And one more exam for a motorbike is on the list. Probably, I will do it also in Zürich. But overall I don't know what is easier and if there is any difference at all. Indeed, there is more intensive traffic, more lanes, etc in the city. But on the other hand, average speed will be lower due to all traffic lights, pedestrians, etc.

Well, it might be even harder outside of the city - you will spend more time in 80 km/h zones and you have to show an ability to navigate in such conditions as well, which is the same problem as driving in the city - high amount of information per second you need to deal with.

At the end passing criteria in the same everywhere - you should be able to show skills and get enough points (and don't make fatal mistakes) for them according to a checklist. So basically it will mostly depend on how many hours you spent driving and specifically in the area on an exam, regardless location - familiarity with the route reduces overall stress...

Edit: in fact if you spent 100 hours and know the area of an exam really well, it will make an exam easier. But will show nothing about your ability to drive safely on an unknown road - you will memorize most appropriate speeds on the route and won't actually make conscious decisions how fast you should ride there - it will be chosen by your brain based on the previous statistics.