View Single Post
Old 01.07.2021, 11:26

Groaned at 21 Times in 13 Posts
scrabblegrey is considered knowledgeablescrabblegrey is considered knowledgeablescrabblegrey is considered knowledgeable
Re: US Qualified Lawyer looking for employment in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
I want to work for an international corporation or bank in Switzerland as a US lawyer
Luckily life will present you more ambitious goals in the future, however if your goal is to move to work in Switzerland, I would recommend you to follow one of these paths:
- learn German, even more important than whatever degree in Law you are pursuing from whatever university (the easy path);
- get hired from a big conglomerate in the US, then ask to be moved to their Swiss subsiidary (the moderately difficult path);
- do an internship or similar thing at the United Nations and other offices in Geneva, and from there build up your relationships network (the difficult path).

Final notes: international companies or bank do not hire you because you want to work for them. They hire you because they can squeeze out of you what they need, in exchange of a good (sometimes) pay-check. I would suggest you to look at already existing consultant/law offices in Switzerland specializing on US companies and contact them directly for an internship or similar, to earn some experience in the field.