View Single Post
Old 02.07.2021, 11:53
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 30 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 1,116 Times in 335 Posts
smileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond repute
Swiss employment contract for EU resident

I have an EU citizen, who has an interest in taking up a job offer, BUT wants to remain a resident within his home EU country whilst working on a Swiss employment contract.

Does anyone have first-hand knowledge of whether this is possible please? The hiring company is a legal entity in Switzerland. The potential employee is in an EU country that has a double taxation agreement in place with Switzerland.

I can see the attractiveness of this in theory for the job seeker, given Swiss personal tax rates are significantly lower than his home country, but I cannot imagine any tax authorities allowing this kind of loophole to exist and missing out on tax revenues??

The job seeker is also open to receiving an employment contract instead from Germany, again where this company has a legal entity - but again, I would appreciate input from anyone who has direct knowledge of whether this is feasible?

Failing these options, I'm mindful that there are "umbrella" type companies that could cover this potential employee with a domestic employment contract in his home country, on their payroll rather than on the employer companies payroll (the employer does not have a legal entity in the EU country where the job seeker is a resident), but now we're talking silly money for fees...

Last edited by smileygreebins; 02.07.2021 at 19:41.