View Single Post
Old 03.07.2021, 19:23
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
euler has no particular reputation at present
Re: Swiss employment contract for EU resident

Well, if you cannot get the status of the cross-border commuter, then it would be probably illegal in your home country - most countries require to participate in their social security system, and to pay taxes where you normally live, otherwise you are entering a black zone (tax evasion and black work)
Also, the employer has the obligations to admit you to the systems where work is performed (i.e. in your home country), and adhere to local working regulations. There are just very few exceptions to this rule (e.g. business trips, ...), which are unlikely to fit this case. Would the employer fail, the penalties can be huge.
This is more-or-less universal across Europe, in harmonised fight against black work.
The only legal option is to be de-facto employed in the country you live (i.e. participate to the local social security and tax systems, follow local work regulations, ...) or establish some kind of business contractual scenario. I doubt that the potential employer would be interested to study local regulations in the country you live in, so look for some kind of business relation that will cover you (payroll companies, self-employment, own ltd. company employing you, ...).