View Single Post
Old 10.07.2021, 18:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 219 Times in 183 Posts
Thanked 15,223 Times in 7,826 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 20 Things I've Learned (Or Had Confirmed) About Humanity During The 'Pandemic'

Quote:
View Post
I don't really care about JFK. He was way before my time. I know lots of people worship him, even today, but I think there are more interesting people in history, even among America's presidents.

I did actually go and see the grassy knoll in Dallas where he was shot. Not because I particularly care but because I was in Dallas for other reasons and my hotel was close by and I had time to kill between things. The moment you stop to look at something, multiple trinket sellers and panhandlers descend on you trying to sell everything from tacky souvenirs to conspiracy books and CDs that they guarantee have the only one true version of events and contain facts that nobody else knows. It's a bit crazy really.
It's not about JFK as a person but about an American president being killed and all the info abut it gets locked up. If it were my government I would 'man the barricades' but it's not, so not my fight to fight.
This user would like to thank curley for this useful post: