View Single Post
Old 11.07.2021, 15:44

Groaned at 143 Times in 72 Posts
CliiniMuus has earned some respectCliiniMuus has earned some respect
Re: Who pays for a Schlichtungsverfahren

Thank you again for all the time you're spending explaining all of this. It's very informative, and I appreciate your time and energy. I am very sorry you went through that, as I am sure it was painful, and noone escapes unscathed from conflicts, I think.

------------------

My feeling is that a lot of people have no clue about it, until they learn about it through problems (like so many governmental systems - either their own problems, or problems people close to them experience and tell them about). If they never have problems, and noone else close to them does either, they never hear about it. No criticism should be implied - a person needs to focus their energy and time on things that matter in any given moment, and can't possibly focus on everything.

My other feeling is there's a fear of such governmental systems, that repels people, and makes any mention of them difficult.

When I am volunteering, I see how much fear people have of any official letters they receive, and how ready they are to pay any amount of money out, to stop the problem theiy perceive they now have from escalating.

I've been approached a few times by people on the street who'd normally come to us through volunteering, who were so afraid of a letter they'd received, they didn't feel they could wait to get help.

I hear regularly stories of stubborn, private landlords, who simply ignore the law, and state their opinions on matters (with the belief that most renters will comply out of fear). Sometimes in volunteering, I am supporting people in the aftermath of disputes, who moved out, out of fear of consequences. Such landlords are so brash and uncouth, as to gleefully hang over the heads of renters that "it's better that you leave".

It's an uphill struggle to cope with a conflict, to deal with instability in one's living situation (a primal need), and then to try to understand it all in an unfamiliar language (whether the native language is a dialogue like Swiss German, or a language like Arabic), whilst friends and acquaintances ooh and ahh dramatically with every twist and turn (which only adds to the level of anxiety, but carrying it all alone is also pretty awful).

I think a lot of people struggle to back-down when they're wrong. You'll see it on this site, too - no apologising for wrongdoing, no apologising for hurt caused. We're pretty entrenched in being right, to our detriment. Your landlord's behaviour is pretty common and human sadly, I reckon.

I agree wholeheartedly about picking and choosing one's fights. I know people who are ready for a fight at any moment, and they're unhappy, and constantly on alert. They miss a lot of life's joys, and they don't seem to ever feel at peace.
The following 2 users would like to thank CliiniMuus for this useful post: