View Single Post
Old 16.07.2021, 12:37
Forum Legend

Groaned at 38 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 17,470 Times in 4,483 Posts
grumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ferry from Dover to Calais w/o car

Quote:
View Post
P&O stopped carrying foot passengers on January 1st this year unfortunately.
Quote:
View Post
I can't see any option on DFDS's website for foot passengers either. Maybe they've all stopped doing it.
I just did the Stena Hook of Holland to Harwich and return over the last 6 weeks, I went with my bike, but they certainly allow foot passengers.

Quote:
View Post
Maybe widen your search to other ferry routes

A friend of mine did the harwich to hook ferry without a car about 2 years ago and said it was wonderful . Had a private cabin with all the luxuries . Almost like being on a cruise
Yup, I did the night crossing over, a decent meal and a cocktail on the Poop Deck followed by a good night sleep arriving at 6.30 in the morning. Returned yesterday with the day crossing, paid 16 extra for the lounge with wifi, free drinks and snacks and comfy sofas. But next time I'd probably book a cabin for the day crossing (it's half price, about 30 I think) as you can have a proper siesta.

Monger of fine Cheeses
This user would like to thank grumpygrapefruit for this useful post: