View Single Post
Old 16.07.2021, 15:51
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 76 Times in 55 Posts
Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,141 Posts
Pachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Deleting My Account

Quote:
View Post
After 14 years, it is with a certain amount of sadness, I have decided to delete my account.

There are all kinds of people here, some educate and inform, some make me laugh, some make me shake my head and some annoy me for a few minutes. But there is one thing that keeps me annoyed - racism in any format.

In the past 24 hours, a member with a reputation for being contraversal posted a blatant racist statement. The post was deleted and the poster goes on his merry way to sin again...

After all that has gone on around the world over the past few months, the fact that the mods seem to feel continuing to enable this kind of behaviour is acceptable, is beyond me and I have decided that a community moderated in such a style is one I no longer want to be a member of.
Hey Jim, we've crossed swords a few times here, but I wouldn't want you to leave the forum. Your advice and insights are always interesting, even if I disagree sometimes. I don't know who the poster in question is or what the remark was, but why let him win (presuming it's a male)? You have a range of options open to you like blocking his posts, reporting him, taking issue and arguing with him, simply ignoring him, and so on. Leaving the forum isn't the best option IMO, and will only leave him sitting there, grinning from ear to ear about another success. I hope you stay.
The following 5 users would like to thank Pachyderm for this useful post: