View Single Post
Old 17.07.2021, 00:03
Forum Legend

Groaned at 72 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,114 Posts
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Early morning public transportation to airport

Quote:
View Post
7am is not an early flight at all. If I have to travel for business within Europe, I'd much rather take a 7am flight from Zurich and be at my destination just after 9am than to be forced to fly the night before and stay over. And those flights (in normal times) tend to be full of business people who share my opinion.
I'd rather start my working day by flying at 9am but that's just me.
Can't imagine many businessmen/women needing to fly to Heraklion for a morning meeting :-) What I wanted to express was that when there were only a handful of flights per day from Zurich and then airlines, Swiss in particular, started to put on more (holiday) flights they seemed to be at inconvenient/impossible times. Maybe the 7am flights appeal to people who want to get there early but not to us as we'd find it impossible to use public transport to get to the airport in time.

That these flights fly early in order to be somewhere else at a reasonable time makes sense to me so thanks for whoever brought that to my attention.