View Single Post
Old 18.07.2021, 15:50
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 2,138 Times in 759 Posts
Traubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New law coming our way

Why wouldn't you want to do training with your puppy and/or dog? It's so much fun and is rewarding for both human and animal.

I recently got a puppy and it was a requirement by the breeder that we attend 5 puppy training lessons and 10 further dog training lessons.

I realise now that the training is as much for me as for my dog. There are so many little things that one wouldn't figure out or pick up on. Socializing the dog, as well as learning how to teach the dog is crucial. I can see the growth in my wee girl with every day, every outing and training session.

It also fosters a beautiful bond, and I gush over my girl when she receives and learns. I was in Zug today, and she's super eager to meet other dogs, I was training her to sit and watch them go by as they pass us. People and animals react and you can see people assessing the situation and feeling calm. Everyone seems to sense when there's an awareness of what's going on.

I have learned so much from how to read my dog, the logistics, basic care, obedience, fun, social norms. It's such a beautiful thing.

I'm all for training, everyone should have to do it.

I won't stop with the training and would like to go on and do agility.