View Single Post
Old 19.07.2021, 16:13
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 2,138 Times in 759 Posts
Traubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New law coming our way

The puppy course I'm on has been great.

The trainer came to our home for the first lesson, to look at our home situation and offer tips on everything from feeding to toilet training. She gave us tips for command training at home, even in a play situation. The commands at this stage are getting the puppy's attention, recall, sitting, dropping or leaving (in my puppy's case, horseshit, she loves horseshit), and physical cues when in the company of other dogs. Toys, treats etc.

The other lessons so far have been on reading body language, assessing play, energy levels and fatigue. Socializing protocols, on/off leash training.

The third lesson was in a shopping mall and train station.

More to come.

As well as this I've taken her on a group outing into the forest with her siblings, and other puppies and adults. This was a guide on how to train on regular walks, introducing my puppy to new textures, obstacles and fun.

It's been a really valuable experience for me.