View Single Post
Old 21.07.2021, 17:54
Forum Legend

Groaned at 181 Times in 119 Posts
Thanked 8,466 Times in 2,844 Posts
Kittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Refused semi-private health insurance

Quote:
View Post
Are their wards in any Swiss Hospital? I’ve only see singles and doubles.
The most I've seen in a standard hospital is a room of eight. Psychiatric hospitals tend to have a max. of 4 people to a room, whereby attention is paid to the type of condition and that the single/double rooms are filled first, meaning a "general care" patient may have a single room if no private patients need it.

Nothing like the situation you may find in the UK, where even psychiatric wards may have a dozen people in them, with those on drug withdrawals in the same ward as people with depression. And I've seen people stood in hallways on particularly busy nights of Durham City's old Dryburn Hospital.

As for being refused what is considered supplemental insurance, unfortunately even the smallest thing is enough for that to happen. The good thing is that the general cover goes waaaaay beyond what you would have been used to from the NHS standard cover, unless you lived in a particularly wealthy NHS trust area. Even then, it'll likely be better here.
This user would like to thank Kittster for this useful post: