View Single Post
Old 22.07.2021, 13:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 96 Times in 77 Posts
Thanked 12,496 Times in 5,071 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Swiss returning, employment still in non-EU, how to register?

A Swiss woman, I'll call her Sandra (because I might start other threads to help her), has been living and working in a non-EU country for several years. Now she's returning home to Switzerland, and is in the process of registering everywhere.

Sandra's employer in the non-EU country would like to keep her on, and she works fully from home anyway, so it doesn't matter whether she is there or here. Naturally, her costs in Switzerland are higher than there, so they're negotiating about a salary.

Assuming they reach an agreement on remuneration: what would Sandra, as a returning Swiss person, and what would her employer in the non-EU country, need to do to make this arrangement work well? Both she and the employer want everything above board, and for her to be properly insured, at the minimum AHV and accident insurance.

The employer's resources are not unlimited, and they definitely don't know anything about Swissness, so everything will need to be done by Sandra herself. This thread is a first step to help her get things going in the right direction.

I'd be grateful for any advice or information. Thank you.