View Single Post
Old 22.07.2021, 15:46
Forum Legend

Groaned at 340 Times in 276 Posts
Thanked 26,264 Times in 11,001 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Malus Domestica Elstar Apple tree

Sometimes trees can do strange things. A shock can lead to the premature shedding of leaves or them not coming out in the first place. A tree can also renew its leaves until very late in the summer. For example if it loses its leaves in a hailstorm. Trees are amazingly robust in that respect.

Keep watering the tree. Make sure the soil doesn't dry out but also don't over water. Make sure there is no waterlogging of the soil as this leads to suffocation and rot.

And be patient.

I once had a tree that had been in a pot all its life and I planted it outside one November. When no leaves appeared the following Spring I assumed it hadn't survived the winter and left it for dead. It then burst into leaf in August and refused to shed them until January. It was in normal sync the year after though. Maybe sometimes trees can get confused with the seasons.
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post: