View Single Post
Old 26.07.2021, 20:29

Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Caryl has a reputation beyond reputeCaryl has a reputation beyond reputeCaryl has a reputation beyond reputeCaryl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Buying a car with second home in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Hi All,

I'm a US Citizen, semi-retired visiting on a standard 90 day tourist visa. I've decided I want to spend 4-6 months of the year based in Switzerland (also visiting nearby countries) without buying or renting a long term place here for now. I was planning on doing a serviced apartment, renting by the month while I'm here.

I want to buy a car (paying cash, don't want to rent), which requires an address. Is there a way I can buy and register to my monthly apartment, store the car in a garage while away, then continue using it when I return ~3 months later? Can I mark it as stored while away and then update my location when I return?

Thanks!
It can be done. A Mexican friend bought a garage to store his BMW. He's been ill so the plates have been taken off and the insurance cancelled. But he owns the garage and the car is still there. This I know: I have a key.
The following 2 users would like to thank Caryl for this useful post: