View Single Post
Old 02.08.2021, 13:44

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
coolbeanz has earned some respectcoolbeanz has earned some respect
Re: AXA SmartFlex Pillar 3a package - any good?

Quote:
View Post
Well, with VIAC or Finpension you can invest 100% (well 99%) of your money in equities, which will maximise your returns in the long term, and pensions are generally long term investments.

For instance, I put my c. 6800 CHF into VIAC about a year ago, and this is already 9370 CHF - a return of 37.3%. There will be good years and bad years, but in general the good will likely outweigh the bad.

The Axa investments appear to have given a 2 year return of 13-16% - see https://www.axa.ch/en/private-custom...n/savings.html. This is very poor, and way behind the market.

Plus then they are trying to sell you insurance on top (if I understand correctly) - do you need this? Is it the cheapest option for you? I doubt it...
Yes, they are indeed trying to sell me insurance. I don't think that the occupational disability insurance is for me - I think that I get pretty good coverage from my statutory insurance as is. However, the premium waiver insurance in case of disability did seem somewhat appealing, but perhaps I'm completely misevaluating my needs here. The AXA representative made it out as though most Swiss residents take out such an insurance, but little do I know what the reality in this country really is.