View Single Post
Old 06.08.2021, 11:31
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 2,347 Times in 830 Posts
Traubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Military Service for Dual Citizen who only speaks English

Quote:
View Post
Have they invented the USB pre-loaded with German that I can stick into my brain? Saying that I must speak a national language is meaningless because I live here, work here, pay taxes, and don't speak a national language. They can't force me to speak a language that I don't know, they could shout at me in German and it would all just fly over my head.

It's the army, that's how it works. You are not there to chat with your peers or take gentlemanly tea breaks with superior officers.

You will be there to take and follow commands. There aren't that many of them, you'll quickly get it, as they shout them at you until you do. Just run in the same direction as your peers, stop when they do, drop when they do etc.

Put on your big-boys pants and get on with it, stop whining about the language and have a little faith in yourself, you're not as precious as you think, you can take it.