View Single Post
Old 06.08.2021, 17:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 63 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 4,070 Times in 1,901 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Salary comparison UK to Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
You are going to be in for a huge surprise ! I know someone on 135K GBP base plus 10% bonus and the usual 4% pension contribution in London who was offerred ....175K CHF as a base in a big swiss bank!

The argument was that the take home pay would be equal because taxes in switzerland far lower and they could find others from germany etc who would gladly accept - This was for a niche role in fact and managerial level but it made me wonder how a 135K GBP (which is good in london) translates to an ordinary salary in zurich!

Finally prices in zurich for most things are reasonable and similar to london - Food / rent are very similar maybe a little more.
I'd politely disagree.

Food is at least double...

I'm paying slightly more for a two bedroom flat in the middle of rural Aargau than I paid for a 4 bed semi detached house in London. (ok admittedly the 4 bedroom house was in Orpington... but still)

That said, at high salary levels tax is more important than the cost of everyday living

Last edited by HickvonFrick; 06.08.2021 at 18:09.