View Single Post
Old 22.08.2021, 16:44
rememberthename rememberthename is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: St. Gallen
Posts: 12
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rememberthename has no particular reputation at present
Re: Special Case - Master Student with part time work

Thank you for all the replies so far.

I just checked the ETH page and it says that when you even earn a limited amount in CH you need the compulsory Swiss insurance or the common student insurances such as Swisscare.

However, I asked the German guy who was living in my flat before and he worked at the University while being insured with his parents from home in Germany. This contradicts the information found online again.

Also, is there just some general guidance/benchmark value I could earn besides my studies while being insured with swisscare et al? Hear people hear talking about salaries from 30-40k / year while still being insured by swisscare.

I would be talking about 12-15k income max on my end. However, there is no verifiable source to check whether I can use swisscare or not.

Would at least like to know it from a second source before I approach the governmental institutions.
Reply With Quote