View Single Post
Old 22.08.2021, 17:45
Forum Legend

Groaned at 411 Times in 319 Posts
Thanked 17,353 Times in 9,737 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Special Case - Master Student with part time work

Quote:
View Post
Thank you for all the replies so far.

I just checked the ETH page and it says that when you even earn a limited amount in CH you need the compulsory Swiss insurance or the common student insurances such as Swisscare.

However, I asked the German guy who was living in my flat before and he worked at the University while being insured with his parents from home in Germany. This contradicts the information found online again.

Also, is there just some general guidance/benchmark value I could earn besides my studies while being insured with swisscare et al? Hear people hear talking about salaries from 30-40k / year while still being insured by swisscare.

I would be talking about 12-15k income max on my end. However, there is no verifiable source to check whether I can use swisscare or not.

Would at least like to know it from a second source before I approach the governmental institutions.
He was either wrong or met the requirements to be exempted.

"I am an EU citizen with a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Can I be exempted from compulsory health insurance?

Yes, as long as you do not earn an income in Switzerland. Please follow our Guidelines to an exemption from compulsory health insurance (PDF, 161 KB). You must apply for exemption within 3 months of entering Switzerland."

https://ethz.ch/en/studies/internati...sicherung.html

Only if he didn't work though, otherwise he needs Swiss health insurance.
The following 2 users would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post: