View Single Post
Old 23.08.2021, 17:22
scrabblegrey's Avatar
scrabblegrey scrabblegrey is offline
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Baden - East corner of my sofa
Posts: 207
Groaned at 24 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 191 Times in 110 Posts
scrabblegrey is considered knowledgeablescrabblegrey is considered knowledgeablescrabblegrey is considered knowledgeable
Re: Special Case - Master Student with part time work

The only one that can answer to your case, with or without any inference from anedoctal german knowledge you may have, is this office:

Gesundheitsdirektion Kanton Zürich
Prämienverbilligung /

043 259 24 38

(or find here the appropriate cantonal office )

At worst, you obtain your student visa, you apply for the exemption because you have no income and you can prove you have another insurance offering the required coverage, you then start working, you obtain the exemption, some months afterwards you are asked to pay retroactively.

Your income will still be 12/14'000 CHF - 2500 CHF of insurance.

Pay attention to the AHV contributions, too.
Reply With Quote