View Single Post
Old 27.08.2021, 17:37

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
mey has no particular reputation at present
Moving to Switzerland and working in EU

Hey everyone!

Me and my boyfriend are from an EU country. He recently found a job in Switzerland (St. Gallen) and will be moving in a few weeks.

I would like to go with him, but I don't have a job in Switzerland yet, although I'm actively looking for one. I am working remotely on and for my EU country.

He already got a place for us there and apparently, since I am planning to live with him, my name needed to be in the contract (but I haven't signed it yet).

So my questions are the following:
  1. Can I go live with him in Switzerland and continue working remotely for my EU country while I find a new job?
  2. Do I still need to register at the canton within 14 days of arriving, or should I register only when I get a new job?
  3. Do I need to get a permit and if so what is the more appropriate?
  4. If I can't find a job within the time of the permit and have to return to my country, can I try to go back and find a job in Switzerland after a while? How much time do I have to wait?
  5. Will I need to get an health insurance within 3 months? (I saw on ch.ch that there is an exception if working for EU, but I'm not sure)

Thank you in anticipation!
This user would like to thank mey for this useful post: