View Single Post
Old 05.09.2021, 20:47
Modulo 2

Groaned at 327 Times in 280 Posts
Thanked 24,474 Times in 9,956 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Abused for wearing mask on Bus!

Quote:
View Post
What do you mean potentially dangerous? He didn't physically assault you, right ?
Potentially dangerous in that he could be Covid positive and since he's not wearing a mask he is more likely to infect others.

Quote:
Laughing at other people wearing masks is not a crime.
No. Funnily enough, it's not illegal to not wear a mask on public transport. But if told to leave by the driver, ticket inspectors or police, and you refuse, you'll be arrested and fined for disobedience. Fines up to 10000 francs are possible under pandemic law, but I understand that it's currently being set in practice at between 50 and 200 francs. Oh, in the OP's story, he wasn't laughing - he was angry and upset.

I've seen Basel ticket inspectors enforcing the rules. I've not seen anyone refusing.

Quote:
View Post
Abused for wearing mask on Bus!
No, you weren't. You were abused for apparently causing someone to feel that you were censuring them silently that they weren't wearing a mask.

Best thing to do - move away. That way you minimise any risk they opposed.