View Single Post
Old 24.09.2021, 17:07
Forum Legend

Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 7,364 Times in 3,461 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Total living expenses and taxes in Geneva

Quote:
View Post
Please, I would appreciate it if you could tell me how much I could save (very approximately of course) per month by living alone in Geneva in a regular apartment, living a normal life without too many luxuries and with a salary of 5,600 CHF net per month.

I mean cash in my pocket, after paying taxes, insurances, apartments, etc.
Hello,

There's a contradiction, you wrote 5'600 net per month and then ask about taxes. Usually, net salary means after income tax and social deductions (retirement, disability insurance, etc).

Living alone in a regular apartment? It all depends on what do you mean by regular apartment. Also consider that landlords and rental agencies make a simple calculation. Disposable or net income divided by three equals the rent you can afford.

I'd be surprised if you find an apartment in for less than 1'500 CHF a month. Studios of ~30 m2, maybe. Rooms in shared flats in more desirable areas start at 1'000 CHF a month. If regular apartment means 1 bedroom + kitchen + living room that's a 2.5 apartment in GE, I'd say at least 1500 a month and certainly not with your feet of the lake water. More probably under the path of airplanes arriving and departing the airport. If regular means 2 bedrooms, add 300-500 CHF per month more. Closer to city center, at least 2'000 for 2.5 room flat, and 2'500 for 2.5 room. From there, to the sky. Take a look at prices https://www.immoscout24.ch

Then, comes health insurance which starts at 250-300 CHF a month.