View Single Post
Old 26.09.2021, 23:51
Forum Legend

Groaned at 418 Times in 321 Posts
Thanked 17,493 Times in 9,809 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is it easier to find a job in Switzerland if you already have a work permit?

Quote:
View Post
Hi.
next month I'm moving to Switzerland and I would like to find a job there. I'm moving from an EU-country. Is it easier to find a job if you already have a work permit? Do I have lower chance to find a job without a permit? What are your experiences?
You won't get a work permit before you move here. What you get when you register is a residence permit which allows you to live here. If/when you find a job then you take your employment contract to your commune/gemeinde admin office and show it to them and they'll start the process of getting the work part added to the residence permit.

If you can line up a job beforehand then of course you can do two in one, but employers here are strongly encouraged to employ people who already have a Swiss residence permit so it may depend on what you have to offer any potential employer.