View Single Post
Old 02.10.2021, 15:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 131 Times in 115 Posts
Thanked 11,524 Times in 5,022 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vote September 26th

Quote:
View Post
Why should “streamlining of adoption laws” supposed to be particularly beneficial to a child who rejected one parent’s choice of a new partner? God forbid (but in some cases sadly doesn’t manage), why should the “surviving parent” have precedence over a biological one who lost quite a few rights in a “normal Swiss” divorce procedure anyway?
Never said anything about divorce. I'm referring to children born as a result of sperm donation, donor egg IVF, and surrogacy outside of Switzerland where only one person in the parents' marriage is the biological parent. If that parent is incapacitated or dies, the other needs to be legally recognised as the parent/guardian, and this is often done through adoption by the non-biological parent.

Quote:
View Post
do keep up at the back...
I have a trans friend who's (thankfully) very patient with my questions when I see a new gender identity term being used. Plus, two of my closest friends deliver diversity training courses in police and local government. This last few years has been a huge learning curve for them.