View Single Post
Old 07.10.2021, 11:23
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,414 Times in 936 Posts
Thanked 21,318 Times in 8,143 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Steps for reporting abusive rep messages

Quote:
View Post
I don't mind some spicy words or the occasional remark that some could feel is offensive. And I certainly won't report it.

I do mind hypocrits who pretend they are so much above the petty offensive trolling etc. - but then throw insults in private.
Quote:
View Post
Name and shame is very effective.
If you are referring to me, then I have thrown shade very openly on the forum when I feel it is deserved, and I have no problem with it from a moral perspective. I have also left snarky comments via neg rep, again when I feel it is deserved, it's never just random.

No hypocrisy or hiding anything here, I definitely have done all of those things to people that write crap and that I feel deserve it, and definitely cannot discount that it will ever happen again. I definitely appreciate the new civility of the forum as there is now less mind-numbingly stupid crap to trigger people, and yes I do get triggered by such things as conspiracy nonsense, anti-vax and COVID misinformation. I look forward to being triggered far less by that stuff than before.

If you have a problem with something I always suggest to report it to the mods and let them deal with it. It's what they are there for.

Last edited by Chuff; 07.10.2021 at 11:42.
The following 3 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
This user groans at Chuff for this post: