View Single Post
Old 09.10.2021, 19:32
Modulo 2

Groaned at 334 Times in 287 Posts
Thanked 24,903 Times in 10,126 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wrong fuel in car - Swiss garage response.

Quote:
View Post
Unless you have a racing intake, how on earth did you fit a diesel hose into your inlet?

Tom
It was no effort at all. I understand that since petrol in diesel is far worse, it's the petrol nozzle that won't fit into a diesel. I hope never to find out I'm wrong on that!

Quote:
View Post
@NotAllThere 8,5l isn't much, tbh I'd just top up tank fully with petrol to dilute it (so shall be ~10% diesel if tank is ~70l given you burned something) and simply drive.
Quote:
View Post
something doesn't add up - how do you know it was 26.5l in the car? even if you filled it to the top not sure which car would have 35l reservoir?
Life seldom does. It's not a screenplay, Chekhov's Gun doesn't apply. Anyway, it's a Citröen C1 - 35l tank. 8.5l/35 ~ 25% - far too much. If you top up the tank, and pay for 8.5l of fuel, you know, given a 35l tank, that's 26.6l of unleaded that was already there.

Anyway. Guy turns up with tow truck at 9:00 as promised, takes car to garage - with using the truck and our luggage packed in the car. We explored the local town. At about 11:15 our car was driven past us by the mechanic, so we knew all was well.

The recovery was paid for by insurance, but the total cost was... around 18 francs a litre. It could have been worse. As my daughter said (it's actually her car) - it could have been her making that mistake!