View Single Post
Old 13.10.2021, 08:34
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 76 Times in 55 Posts
Thanked 3,359 Times in 1,148 Posts
Pachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I got an"job" offer

Quote:
View Post
I don't think your English language abilities are a problem, your level of written English really seems acceptable, so I have no idea what Susie-Q means by that particular comment.
Agreed. Apart from a predictive text glitch, the OP's written English seems fine to me. Let's not add to his/her concerns! As for the job, it sounds to me as if the employer is being underhand here. An internship should be clearly described as such from the very start. It has a specific function, to be part of a training process, and shouldn’t be offered to someone with 5 years' experience. To spring it on an applicant at the end of the recruitment process sounds very much like them trying to cut costs. I would politely insist on a proper contract, and walk away if not offered.
This user would like to thank Pachyderm for this useful post: