View Single Post
Old 13.10.2021, 14:03
Forum Legend

Groaned at 312 Times in 223 Posts
Thanked 7,795 Times in 3,647 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Oncologist near Nyon.

Thank you everyone for your good wishes. They are heart warming.

Yes - Prostate cancer spreading to the sternum is very unusual, but I can attest that it does happen. And so far it has resisted 3 rounds of radiation and one round of freezing (with liquid N), that was an experience!

I have finally managed to get a date for a further PET-CT scan that will hopefully show that the cancer hasn't spread anywhere else. If not, as expected, then it will be surgery to remove the cancerous tissues in the bone and some reconstruction. Not too challenging, I've been lead to believe. I'm fairly certain they will send me to the CHUV for that, which is good news.

I thank god that I am in Switzerland and have our health insurance. I really hate to think would have happened if I was elsewhere.

Thank you again for all of your sentiments. This is the first thread I've started where I haven't been groaned!
The following 7 users would like to thank bowlie for this useful post: