View Single Post
Old 13.10.2021, 15:49
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 311 Times in 227 Posts
Thanked 2,559 Times in 1,287 Posts
JackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond reputeJackieH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: question about small lakehouses

On many lakes, and on Lake Neuchâtel, they are now (correction) threatened with destruction as they are in nature reserves. The owners have been trying to appeal, again and again, but have now finally lost.

As a family, we used to rent a small one, no mod cons, outside dry toilets, gas light and small gas stove, right on the water, with a pontoon, on the South shore at Portalban- 1 month, every Summer. Same kids, year after year- we went wild and had a ball- my brothers and I were each allowed to take one friend for 2 weeks, in turn. But they were never meant to be 'proper' houses- slowly showers and indoor toilets were added, proper kitchen, electricity, double glazing - etc- and all without any planning permission. Then a second row was added the other side of the access path, and prices went crazy.

Great memories- but I can understand why they have to go. So best check their legal status if interested.