View Single Post
Old 14.10.2021, 15:17

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
trixxiee is considered knowledgeabletrixxiee is considered knowledgeabletrixxiee is considered knowledgeable
Re: Driving ticket in Italy - unauthorized area

One more thing that I have just realized.

Quote:
if the vehicle is your property: the local police have 360 ​​days to send you the fine
If the car is rented: the local police have 360 ​​days to send you the fine but the period starts from the date of receipt of your data by the rental company. Based on the contract you have signed, rental companies may charge you the administrative costs incurred to provide the local police with your personal data, withholding the amount from the credit card you left at the time of rental. The Municipality of Bologna is not responsible for these expenses
I am the car owner. The date of the offence was 20th September 2020, signature date on the letter is 14th September 2021, but date of posting 8th October 2021 according to the online tracker. I received it only today.

Is my understanding correct that the date of posting matter, therefore it took more than 360 days to identify me?

Part of the letter reads: Reopening Date for Service Deadline: 7th April 2021. Reason for failure to give notice: recognized a violation in accordance with article 201c.

So WTF... Did they realize that I might've entered a traffic restricted area 6 months later?