View Single Post
Old 22.10.2021, 09:16
Forum Legend

Groaned at 232 Times in 183 Posts
Thanked 7,734 Times in 3,415 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Computer Science degree with little to none work experience?

Quote:
View Post
In short, are there any careers, outside of IT/engineering that don't require 5+ years of experience before a non-EU national can be in the running for a work permit? Does my computer science degree limit me to such jobs when I am applying or even if a company is offering to hire me for a role not related to my degree?
The EU/EEA/CH have an agreement giving preference to their citizens when it comes to employment. According to something I read last week your best chance of getting a permit is if you are a skilled butcher, carpenter or a HGV driverů.

As a young graduate it might be worth looking at the EU Blue Card option, it is not Switzerland, but it would get you closer to citizenship of a European country that would make moving to Switzerland later a very strong possible.