View Single Post
Old 23.10.2008, 10:52
Forum Legend

Groaned at 120 Times in 87 Posts
Thanked 6,988 Times in 3,303 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: schimmel [mould] problem with landlord

Quote:
View Post
I'm going to get a new floor!

I just spoke to the agents and they're looking at w/c 16 December - since I'll be away for Xmas by then, and it suits me. It all depends on whether the floor guy can fit it in that week.

Other good news, the chest x-ray was clear, no pneumonia (that's a genuine risk from chesty congestion due to my immunosuppression). Still no idea what the illness is but a science colleague told me there may be truth in the 'glue' story in that the glue could be providing a growing medium for the mould so the allergy would still be triggered. The scientists also offered to pop some of the mystery glue/mould substance into a 'culture' dish thing - if it grows, it ain't glue.

However, in order to do the floor, it will be necessary for all furniture to be out of that room. They've offered an empty apartment in my building for storage but my request (aka demand!) for workmen to move the furniture has to be run by the boss first.

Having had the relo agent cut out the equation is so empowering; I'm making use of the assertiveness training an ex-employer sent me on. I flat out refused to move any furniture and asked them to organise a couple of handymen to do that. If they refuse, I'll not cut off my nose to spite my face, it'll be there on the EF social events 'moving of furniture - a party not to be missed'
It sounds like a good solution. As for moving the furniture, I think if you pack up all the small items so that everything is empty and can be moved easily, that is reasonable. Whatever you can move, that would be helpful too. At least you won't have to worry about damaging the floor when you move everything out.