View Single Post
Old 24.11.2022, 10:53
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Spouse has no particular reputation at present
Re: Insurance Updates - how does it work?

Quote:
View Post
It's hard to say for sure without knowing what insurance and what your contract says.

But in general, as with many things in Switzerland, the company might ask you for money simply after providing the service. The contract is what's binding and then the party who's owed money will move to collect.
You contract probably says something like "Client pays 100chf every year and is insured. Unless one of two parties cancels the contract before xx of November, then the contract is extended by another year". You know you are insured, and the company will collect the money at their pace

It can of course be that your contract is for a fixed time only and the company is not saying anything cos from their perspective it's all over
This was our biggest fear, but as a bill arrived yesterday, which was a surprise, about which I guess that I am relieved.

I forget that every time I finish at the doctor, that the bill will come, as elsewhere I'm asked to settle up, although our vet was funny. We left without paying, and never saw a bill, and then four months later, he called and asked for payment. It was a non-issue as we paid immediately when he called. He says he gets so excited about his work that he forgets the billing sometimes.
This user would like to thank The Spouse for this useful post: