Thread: Flu Vacination
View Single Post
Old 06.11.2008, 22:05
Forum Legend

Groaned at 39 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 6,177 Times in 2,858 Posts
swisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Flu Vacination

Did the person who asked about 'Pneumonia' vaccination mean Pneumococcal - my doctor in Australia recommended this for our kids as Pneumococcal is quite common and results in a few deaths a year...Meningococcal not so many deaths/cases but more media coverage.

Saw our Paed last week in Switzerland (Zurich) and he gave me the info for tick disease (Lyme's disease) - apparently you can do kids from age 6 - a friend's child got it at age 3 and was sick for more than 18 months...

Also, our new Paed checked the schedule for immunisation for Switzerland compared to Australia and what my kids had, and what is 'recommended' here was the same...so no extras other than the Tick one if we choose to do it...

And just so it relates to the topic - thanks for the reminder. Probably a good idea to have at least my husband vaccinated so that he doesn't catch it off the kids...