View Single Post
Old 06.02.2007, 21:57
Forum Legend

Groaned at 97 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,341 Posts
evilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond reputeevilshell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: english speaking psychologist in Zurich suggestion

Quote:
Well sorry for asking but "I need therapy" can mean anything and wasting your time with the wrong kind seems a bit futile to me. Epag also mentioned speaking Greek, which widens the field a little.

You will also find that most people in the domain will have a fairly good level of English, as we are made to read texts in English from day one of your Psychology studies. By the time you have done five years of this, you will speak good English. Psychiatrists are in the same position, I know "The Lancet" is not common English but you do learn a lot.

But back on topic, the point is, I'm going to see my therapist tomorrow and would be prepared to ask her if she knows of anyone.
Well, sorry but saying "everyone reads texts in English" and speaking English fluently - to the level of understanding subtleties and accents are two very different things.