View Single Post
Old 07.11.2008, 10:52
Forum Legend

Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 4,616 Times in 2,334 Posts
Verbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond reputeVerbier has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Central lock not working, garage needed [Lausanne area]

Quote:
View Post
Hi,
I need to have the central locking fixed for my 97 Opel Corsa ASAP.
Does anyone know a good (and quick) garage in Lausanne area with acceptable prices?
Thanks
Canyaver, you are asking a "mutually exclusive" question (quick, good and cheap). If you need this done quickly (today so the car does not get stolen or trashed this weekend) then you need to go to an Opel garage. If you know a bit about cars, you could try the fuse question first.

There are three probable answers to the problem. 1. The battery in the key is dead (when did you last change it?). 2. The fuse is gone. 3. You have an electrical problem. In case number three, you need a dealership that can quickly access the necessary parts or you will have to leave the car for a day or two. In cases one and two, the problem can be resolved in 15 minutes. Yes they will charge you CHF 20 for a CHF 5 battery, but at least the problem will be resolved.

I suggest you go to the dealership and say that you think that you need a new battery for the key since it does not work anymore. Then see what happens.

If it is something major, then you will get an estimate and you have the chance to say you need to think about it.