View Single Post
Old 03.01.2023, 15:55
Forum Legend

Groaned at 566 Times in 407 Posts
Thanked 11,363 Times in 4,833 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is the future of Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
I think that German and indeed Swiss authorities are used to the citizens doing as they are told. From birth you get drilled to listen to those who have the say. Migrants don’t do that which means that the schism running through society is only going to get wider and wider.
I don't see it that way. I believe that successful immigration countries are the ones where immigrants have no choice but to earn their bread themselves by integrating and working. Countries that have generous welfare systems seem to struggle with integration much more. And no is helped by that, not the "natives", not the state and certainly not the immigrants.

Anyhow, did not want to turn this into an immigration debate. I personally am a big fan of the Swiss approach of individual responsibility paired with direct democracy - and as long as Switzerland can maintain this, I think its future will be bright.
The following 6 users would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post: