View Single Post
Old 06.01.2023, 15:36
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
nenad has no particular reputation at present
Re: Do Croatian citizens need German language certificate for B work permit?

Quote:
View Post
you don't need a certificate. your company needs to prove you are the only one for them since again this year they removed us from "standard" EU job market here in Switzerland.
This is clear, this was my understanding as well, but mostly worried about the certificate requirement.

"If you are an EU-citizen you will be able to apply for your B-Permit even without any language skills. However, as a non-EU citizen you will have to prove that you have A1 speaking & A1 writing skills in German (this is only applicable for the German speaking part of Switzerland). The same conditions apply if you need to renew your B-permit. If you are looking for more detailed information on Swiss work & residence permits check out my last blog article."

https://german-academy-zurich.ch/swi...-telc-a1-exam/

Are Croatian citizens considered EU citizens when it comes to the language requirement then? I couldn't find anything official searching the web, and this looks like a fairly new requirement introduced just a few years ago, so people who have started in 2019 or earlier didn't need it irrespective of the country.