Thread: Light Fittings
View Single Post
Old 09.11.2008, 11:35
Forum Legend

Groaned at 123 Times in 90 Posts
Thanked 6,330 Times in 3,542 Posts
jacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Light Fittings

Quote:
View Post
Yes, the are tucked away inside some sort of block connector, just not a normal one (i.e. little grey boxes!)
It is for tapping the wires to connect them together. Just screw your light fixture wires inside the little blocks!

Quote:
View Post
Just checked another room and there are 2 blue and 1 green.

Why can't they all be blue and brown like the first couple we did?
Sometimes if there is step down transformer for low voltage supply the ncolour can be different, but in your case I think they just used the green colour for the light fixture supply and it should be equivalent to the brown.

Quote:
View Post
We don't have a multimeter, only one of the little screwdriver testers but we are turning the electricity off to the entire house before touching anything as a precaution.
It should be ok to check if it is live or disconnected.

Quote:
View Post
So, I have light fittings from IKEA with a brown and a blue wire. As the current is alternating if we match the blue with the blue and the green with the brown it should be ok?
Normally blue and brown wires are both for 220Vac L+N live-neutral. It is straighforward and it should be ok for your IKEA fitting.
This user would like to thank jacek for this useful post: