View Single Post
Old 26.05.2023, 15:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 547 Times in 353 Posts
Thanked 4,308 Times in 1,964 Posts
JBZ86 has a reputation beyond reputeJBZ86 has a reputation beyond reputeJBZ86 has a reputation beyond reputeJBZ86 has a reputation beyond reputeJBZ86 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seeking Household Help in Biel Benken: Balancing Work, Family, and Home in Switze

Quote:
View Post
Are you sure? All the places I've ever worked at advertise a gross salary, which includes all the social security, pension, etc, contributions as a bottom line. Nowhere ever mentioned a salary purely in terms of what figuratively ends up in my pocket.

For what it's worth, the advertised salary of the OP is pretty meagre in today's terms.
Yes, the employee gross salary, which is subject to your personal employee deductions e.g., those you have listed. They don't advertise a gross salary which includes all employer contributions as part of that total.

I agree it's at the lower end, particularly given many people have received an average of 5% inflation increase in the last year or so. But it's not uncommon or unrealistic for the type of work described. At least, I know of several people paying a similar rate for similar work.
The following 2 users would like to thank JBZ86 for this useful post: