View Single Post
Old 17.11.2008, 22:28
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 10 Times in 5 Posts
NatsBrit is considered knowledgeableNatsBrit is considered knowledgeableNatsBrit is considered knowledgeable
End of Unemployment benefits - what happens?

Hi

My husband unemployment benefits will be coming to an end in a few months time and with the state of world economics as it is, I am concerned that he will find emplyment before his benefits run out.

Does anyone know what happens, is there any possiblity of extentions to the 400 day limit? Are there benefits (social security) he can claim from else-where? I have full-time employment and we don't have any children, would this nullify any benefits?

We have been in Switzerland 8 years. He is a non-EU "B" permit holder, I on the other hand am an EU "C" permit holder - I presume this in itself means he will be able to stay in Switzerland but does anyone know what his options are?

Thanks for your help
Nats
"The more sure I am that I'm right, the more likely I will actually be mistaken. My need to be right makes it more likely that I will be wrong. Likewise, the more sure I am that I am mistreated, the more likely I am to miss ways that I am mistreating others."