View Single Post
Old 13.02.2007, 22:29
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 34 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 1,623 Times in 836 Posts
gooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Installation of Cablecom Digital (Lausanne)

Cablecom will send you the receiver. All you need to be sure of is that the apartment has a cable connection. I'd be surprised if it didn't, but you never know.

If the apartment does not have a cable connection, I don't know who you would have to contact to have one installed.

If the apartment does have cable and you would like to enjoy the payment free advantages that a satelite dish would have to offer, then I suggest doing some research into installing a Dreambox.

There is a lot of information on this forum regarding the advantages of a Dreambox installation (like being able to receive all cable channels for free).

It does require a few extra steps, in other words to do this you would have to go beyond 'out of the box', but not too far beyond.

If you are in any way technically inclined, then it would be equal to downloading and installing software.

Check out this thread.