View Single Post
Old 23.12.2008, 21:15

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
cbb has earned the respect of manycbb has earned the respect of manycbb has earned the respect of many
Re: Claiming back UK VAT tax

Quote:
View Post
I have had a bad experience with this system coming out of London City. There was not a duty customs officer to receive the forms and the only option was to drop them in a receiving box which we were assured by other staff would be cleared during business hours. Over 4 mth later and still no refunds.

re: buying a macbook. excellent choice. I got mine on friday. am loving it. if you don't mind me asking, what price has the UK guy offered you? The reason i ask is that the current differntial in VAT between UK and Switzerland is about 7.5% and electronic goods can sometimes be a lot cheaper here (i.m.e), so you may not really save much/anything and you have the added worry of purchasing a major electrical item from a country in which you don't live (my 2 cents worth). It's worth mentioning that if you are an employee or student of a swiss uni/facchoschule you are entitled to a nice discount. Mac's can also be purchased a little cheaper than from the Apple store or Dataquest through digitec.ch or microspot.ch

good luck with it
MacBook 467. It was 1146 GBP with IWorks and a bag.